NAV-TV
0 items, $0
Products: $0.00
Shipping (estimated): $
Taxes (estimated): $0.00 TOTAL: $0.00
Checkout

OPi-P with AUX

OPi-P with AUX

I have a Porsche Boxster with OPi-P with AUX(Por ipod) fitted to run an iPod, car is 2005 and the unit has the following info on label
USBMOST1 U:2 03/06/2008: S/N12932 P:05/27/2008:1 .
The unit normally worked very well and connection problems could be resolved by disconnecting iPod or switching radio/cd. Yet of late I get almost constant error no cd player and if I am lucky after 30mins of trying it will work. But after the car is switched off and stands for a couple of hours the error returns. I have purchased a new cable (RJ45 to iPod) but no change. Have downloaded the software files can I update or am I stuck on the lowest level? I have tested with more than 1 iPod. Any help/advice??
Thanks
Pat
Pat Groves 02/05/2016 4:15 p.m.

OPi-P with AUX

Hello Pat,

Thank you for your purchase.

It seems that after almost 8 years of service, this OPi module may be failing.

You can try to update it to the October 24, 2008 software, but no higher. If that still doesn't help, then feel free to contact me at Tony@NavTV.com for your next steps.

Thanks,

Tony Y.
Tony Yankovsky 02/08/2016 1:41 p.m.

OPi-P with AUX

Hi Tony

Thanks for info. I did get it up and running by starting car, switching radio on with ipod disconnected then connected 3rd gen Nano with switch in lock position and the Nav logo screen came up on ipod. All worked fine then, could not break it by turning off or swiching engine off or anything. Worked for the rest of the day then when I came to use the car again four days later PCM is asking me to confirm no cd. Could not get it up and running this time. Only had the car 6 months and don't get to use it normally until weekend. Before the Nano I used a 2nd Gen Touch on it for a few months then added a Scosche adaptor to resolve charging issue.Reverted to Nano with no adaptor as this was how previous ownwer used it. I will try the software update.
Thanks very much for your help.

Pat
Edited 12.02.2016 3:26 AM
Pat Groves 02/12/2016 3:05 a.m.

OPi-P with AUX

Hi Pat,

When you came back to the car after your "good day" was the Nano still connected, or did you unplug it after turning off the car? Ideally, the iPod should not be plugged in when the radio is turning on, and should be connected 10-15 seconds after the radio starts up.

Thanks,

Tony Y.
Tony Yankovsky 03/03/2016 9:57 a.m.

OPi-P with AUX

Hi Tony,

The Nano is in the front boot and stays connected all the time as this was how the previous owner had it running. Each time I have used the car since my last post it has worked with no problems. I have been starting the car and driving for 5-10 mins before turning pcm on. When I turn on the audio the ipod just starts playing from where it last was and if I wish I just select another artist. Before switching off the car i turn off the pcm first. In fact it has never worked this consistently since last summer when I used the car for a weeks touring holiday. I have changed nothing not even done a software upgrade. Will see how things go as car as been in for a major service and new clutch this week. Picking it up in the morning and looking to do a few miles………
Thanks for above info, maybe i'll have to run cable back into car rather than keep having to pop front boot open to get to Nano.

Regards
Pat
Pat Groves 03/11/2016 6:54 p.m.
Register or login to create to post a reply.