NAV-TV
0 items, $0
Products: $0.00
Shipping (estimated): $
Taxes (estimated): $0.00 TOTAL: $0.00
Checkout

Adding a Backup Camera

Adding a Backup Camera

I have the ALLGIG-XG FT in my '08 Chrysler Sebring. One of the RCA jacks in the wire harness bundle that came with the ALLGIG is labeled "Backup camera". Could I just plug a camera into it, tap into the reverse light power wires and make it work or is there some reason I would need to purchase the extra AV harness that didn't originally come with my ALLGIG-XG FT?
Roadi Jeff 10/24/2015 7:57 p.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

Hey Jeff,

The RCA (despite its label) is not where the signal needs to go to introduce a reverse camera. The RCA you're referring to is for adding a front camera in conjunction with a rear camera (the RCA's directly from our board are connected to a relay for switching, that's all). In order to add a reverse or front camera on any MY-GIG radio screen you must purchase the AV-Harness - all of the video inputs are at that connector.
BmarTECH 10/26/2015 5:45 p.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

Brendon, I figured it would be something like that. Thanks for explaining it to me. I tried out my idea last night and, naturally, it did not work. Looks like I'll be calling NAV-TV to order the additional AV harness.
Roadi Jeff 10/26/2015 6:26 p.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

Jeff, no worries. We have many options for cameras available for you too, just ask!
BmarTECH 10/27/2015 5:50 p.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

OK, I received the AV harness yesterday and connected everything to the MyGIG radio. I get no camera view. When I shift into reverse it just displays a blank screen.

The way I had it connected to test is I plugged in the RCA jack from the camera to the AV harness RCA jack labeled "CAM IN". The AV harness is plugged into one of the ports on the back of the MyGIG radio and the ALLGIG main harness is plugged into the other main port on the back of the MyGIG radio. I temporarily connected a 12V power supply to the camera from a motorcycle battery. I did this same procedure when I was installing a different backup camera recently in my wife's Jeep and this method worked fine.

I did the USB software update and turned ON the options for "Rear view camera" and "Double click to force the camera". It gave me a green "Update Complete", so I believe I did it correctly.

The camera has worked in the past when I was using an interface from a different company. I have not used it for a few years but it was working fine prior to that. One thing I think I am going to try is getting an RCA jack coupling to convert the camera jack to a mini and plug it into my laptop or some other video device that has a mini jack port, hook the camera up to the 12V power supply and see if it works. That way I'll know if the problem is somewhere in the AllGIG system.

One question while I'm here. Where do I connect the 12V power supply wire for the camera when/if I get it all working? The ALLGIG main harness has output 1,2,3 wires. The instructions are a bit vague. It says to connect it to output 2 if you are using forced camera (tapping the power button twice). Is that the same wire to use if you just want the camera to come on when you shift into reverse?
Roadi Jeff 10/31/2015 12:19 p.m.
Register or login to create to post a reply.