0 items, $0
Products: $0.00
Shipping (estimated): $
Taxes (estimated): $0.00 TOTAL: $0.00
Checkout

Adding a Backup Camera

Adding a Backup Camera

Jeff,

Test your camera on a different monitor. If the mygig radio displays a black screen in reverse, our kit is working properly and is waiting for a video signal on that CAM-IN RCA on the AV Harness.

If you're unable to test this camera on another monitor, find a different video source (ie dvd player) with composite RCA output and connect the video out to the same RCA in on the AV Harness and put it in reverse, see if you see the video then.

Output 2 ONLY provides 12v output when you use the 'forced cam' action (double tapping the volume knob to select 'front' cam).

You should use an ACC source to power your camera. You can use OUTPUT 1 from our ALLGIG module, however if your camera draws near or at 1 amp, the circuit may not be able to handle the current. Most camera's won't draw 1 amp - but I'm not sure about yours. If you're worried about this, use our OUTPUT 1 to trigger a relay and grab another power source for the relay. If it were me, I would just connect the power to the cigarette lighter positive (provided it powers only with the key ON). You can splice the camera ground into our BLACK (-) ground wire to the ALLGIG HS module if you'd like or, use the ground (-) from the cig lighter as well.

BmarTECH 11/10/2015 5:49 p.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

Brendon, thank you for your detailed reply. I found a temporary monitor to connect the camera to and tested it. It worked fine.

I then left the 12V motorcycle battery connected to it and plugged it into the "CAM IN" RCA jack on the NAV-TV auxiliary harness and shifted into reverse with the key in the ON position. To my surprise it worked!

I made a permanent power source connection to the OUTPUT 1 wire on the NAV-TV harness instead of using the reverse light wire like I had originally planned. This way, I can double tap the power button and see things behind me without having to shift into reverse.

Thanks again for your help.
Roadi Jeff 11/16/2015 9:18 p.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

Hi Jeff,

Are you using a relay off of Output 1, or did you connect the camera directly to it?

Thanks,

Tony Y.
Tony Yankovsky 11/19/2015 10:33 a.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

Tony,

I have the camera connected directly to Output 1.
Roadi Jeff 11/19/2015 1:03 p.m.

Adding a Backup Camera

Hi Jeff,

I strongly recommend using a relay. Although the majority of cameras shouldn't draw an excessive amount of power, our Output is still a bit on the low-side, and there is no reason to risk overloading our module for the sake of saving a simple relay…

Thanks,

Tony Y.
Tony Yankovsky 11/30/2015 11:56 a.m.
Register or login to create to post a reply.