0 items, $0
Products: $0.00
Shipping (estimated): $
Taxes (estimated): $0.00 TOTAL: $0.00
Checkout

MOST HUR 997 KIT-210

MOST HUR 997 KIT-210

Hello,
I recently purchased a MOST HUR KIT-210 for my 2011 Porsche Cayman S PDK with CDR-30 and BOSE and I have a few questions.
1. Is the preferred HUR power (yellow wire) from an accessory 12V (turns on when a key is inserted) or 12V constant?
2. Should the HUR ACC OUT drive a relay for radio accessory power?
3. Does the CAN bus in my PDK car provide a signal on the REVERSE wire?
4. Does the HUR require an AMP ON signal from the radio? If so, which wire should this go to?

A quick (very quick) test on everything laid out on the car floor and connected showed the ACC OUT and ILLUM OUT worked but no REVERSE OUT when in reverse. It seems the CAN bus is working and I get a green LED by the USB connector.
Also, with a verified line-level audio source connected, I get no audio out of the speakers. Does this require the AMP ON signal? What wakes up the amp? Did the factory CDR-30 radio have to be set a certain way before it was removed? The MOST bus is connected with the extension cable and everything snapped together easily (end of the cable from the HUR has a bright red light when unplugged).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Buzz Hansen 09/10/2015 9:20 a.m.

MOST HUR 997 KIT-210

Hi! Thanks for posting.

Most of your questions are answered in the user manual.

1. The yellow wire needs ACC (switched power), not constant.
2. The HUR's ACC out wire can directly power the red ACC on the radio, no relay necessary.
3. Reverse out from the HUR is not supported on 997s, only 955s (cayenne).
4. Yes, the yellow/black wire from the HUR must be connected to the remote out from the radio, typically blue/white. An ACC would work as well.

You're likely getting no sound because you didn't have the yellow/black wire connected.

Edited 10.09.2015 11:12 AM
BmarTECH 09/10/2015 11:11 a.m.

MOST HUR 997 KIT-210

Thank you for the reply. What is the maximum current supported by the ACC OUT wire? My Android HU pulls roughly 1A steady state.
Buzz Hansen 09/10/2015 11:42 a.m.

MOST HUR 997 KIT-210

the Android HU draws an amp from the ACC wire? or the constant 12v wire? if it does indeed pull near an amp from ACC, in this case you may want to use our output to trigger a relay. Good catch.

It may be easier to just connect it with the ACC you find to supply our HUR with, instead of a relay.
BmarTECH 09/10/2015 12:06 p.m.

MOST HUR 997 KIT-210

Hey Brendon, I hooked it up again and applied fuse block 12V ACC to the yellow black wire and still nothing from the amp. CDR30 worked fine before removal. The system is wired as follows:

1. 12V ACC from fuse panel to HUR yellow wire
2. Black wire to ground
3. Red wire to radio 12V ACC (verified the 1 amp path is on the 12V constant line NOT the red ACC)
4. Radio grounded
5. CAN HI/LO connected from factory Quad Lock to HUR
6. HUR ILLUM to radio ILLUM
7. REMOTE IN connected to fuse block ACC/yellow wire on HUR
8. Blue radio wire (ANT PWR) to blue of factory Quad Lock connector
9. MOST cable and extension connected to HUR MOST connector
10. All 4 channels of line level audio between radio and amp connected

When car ACC is on the radio turns on, the HUR has a green LED but there is no sound of any kind (no pop from the speakers or white noise). I tried multiple sources and nothing.

Any ideas?

Buzz
Buzz Hansen 09/11/2015 2:37 p.m.
Register or login to create to post a reply.